January 8, 2017

{Christmas 2016}

Our Christmas this year was a little more relaxed then previous years, which the three of us each commented on at different times, proof we each enjoyed our time.  For various reasons it wasn't as rushed as usual.. Santa came a couple nights early, since we weren't sleeping in our own beds Christmas Eve night.

Prior to Christmas, I told C we needed to text Santa our Christmas schedule and list.  He stopped what he was doing and said, "you know Mom, I'm not so sure about this Santa thing. I know what you tell me ... but seriously, no sleigh flies and if you ate that many cookies you would be dead" {while cracking up inside} I tell him, "you, know, he's magic and it's what you choose to believe." .. the kid kills me.  Evidently, I shushed him up, because he didn't bring up the topic of Santa again {ha!}.
... leaving cookies for Santa and carrots for his reindeer ...
I'm officially old.  I had no clue what "Cozmo" was ... but apparently Santa did ...
... stocking fun ...
... too too many presents ...
... nerf guns galore ...
... spoiled ...
Caden wanted to get Dan Minecraft for Dan's computer for Christmas. ... really, Caden wanted Dan to have it so they could link up their computers and they could play together. He always has an underlying reason with his agenda's ;-)  He also had the idea to wrap the Minecraft game within several big boxes. Mr. Comedian. He is cracking up below, while Dan is opening box within box. .. and the aftermath!
Seriously. Cozmo turned out to be super cute. I kind of fell in love with him.  He has facial recognition and will call you by name, once you tell him your name.  He picks up blocks and stacks them, can drive around on his own or you can control him. So much technology ... and the crazy thing, Caden understands it all!
... he's so fun! ...
Christmas Eve Day we headed to my Grandma's.  We had our annual festivities earlier in the day.
Silly Santa on Great Grandma's porch and checking out the "trees" that Grammy and all the Great Aunts made when they were kids, some 50 years ago.
the Schmidt Cousins ... two generations
... and with Grandma ...
... our goofy crew ...
After Grandma's we headed to my parents.  Mark & Deborah were heading to Deborah's family's Christmas Day which meant we exchanged gifts Christmas Eve.  More spoiling for the kid, and since we did gifts Christmas Eve night, it made for a more relaxing Christmas morning.
Grammy & Papa bought C an electric razor scooter. When Pa-Pa brought it in the house, Caden's reply was something of, "please tell me that's for me' {not sure who else it would be for - ha}. He picked it up in no time, and was able to get hours on it, since there is no snow on that side of the mountains.
After spending the morning with my parents, we headed north to Willows Lodge. Upon arrival, we were lazy for a few hours. I took a nap {what on Christmas?! Unheard of!}, Dan watched football, and C played on his iPad. It was so nice!  Since Dan's parents are on our side of the mountains now we didn't have the Wise gathering as we have in past years.
We had dinner at the Barking Frog, and Dan's brother Chris joined us. It was a wonderful, lengthy dinner. By the time we were done, Caden was over it, and really should of went to bed. ... Dan's friend Scot, came up to meet us, we spent the evening in the Fireside lounge, and had desert. After a while I took C to the room for bed and Dan, Chris and Scot continued their "social" time.
... but of course, he had to take a bath before bed ... spoiled!
We went back to the Barking Frog for breakfast, then headed home.
I love that we have the tradition of staying at Willows on Christmas.  It's my favorite home away from home.

No comments: